[ltp] laptop as firewall

Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:51:19 +0200

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 17:36:47 -0700, SMichelle wrote:
> I have an old tp 380 lying around and am hoping to put it to use as a
> firewall/gateway. If I set it up and place the machine in suspend ...
> will it still pass packets? Will there be a significant decrease in the

If you put it into standby mode (Fn-F3) it will consume less power than
in normal operation and is still useable over a network. You could also
use noflushd (if you use the ext2 file system) to maximize the downtime
of the hard disk.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG