[ltp] laptop as firewall

dean gaudet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:35:24 -0700 (PDT)

don't forget noatime mount option... also you probably want to disable
crond and atd -- because they wake up the disk too frequently.

i've been using an old tp560 for my firewall for years now... last reboot
it had 450 days uptime... and i reboot to upgrade to a newer kernel.  at
the moment it's at 296 days uptime.  it only runs on battery if there's a
power failure.

-dean