[ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux

Gerard van Winssen gerard at vanwinssen.nl
Tue Apr 1 14:50:48 CEST 2003

Op dinsdag 1 april 2003 13:39, schreef Pekka Pessi:
> Steve Barr <steve.barr at pobox.com> writes:
> >For a time IBM did sell ThinkPads with Linux installed, but
> >unlike with servers, I guess not enough people bought them

> 	You mean that IBM included a model number in the inventory. When
> 	I tried to buy one, the delivery time for the Linux model was
> 	"unknown", and there was no model with Finnish keyboard
> 	available.  I would not call that "selling".

I know that Asus and Jewel sell their laptops without preinstalled OS,
And another one I think it's Elitegroup, has window$ preinstalled but ship a
linux cd with their laptops.

On the other hand, the Thinkpad R31 was cheaper with XP than the other ones
without XP...
For me the _only_ acceptable reason to allow XP on my laptop, although it's
living on borrowed time anyway...;-)
--
Gerard van Winssen