[ltp] Lower screen resolution possible?

Jan Frey janfrey at web.de
Tue Apr 1 15:32:29 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am owning an A30p series ThinkPad which has a TFT with 1600x1200 screen
resolution. In order to do a presentation with it, I must reduce resolution
down to 1024x768.
If I just specify this resolution in the "Modes" line of my XF86Config,
I am getting exactly that resolution, but virtual screen size is still
1600x1200, which is rather disturbing for doing a fullscreen presentation.
Is there a way to specify a different resolution for TFT and external CRT?
Can I at least tell XFree86 to use 1024x768 _virtual size_ if in 1024x768
mode?

Any hints/ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan