[ltp] Getting disk to sleep

Richard Jelinek rj at petamem.com
Wed Apr 2 08:53:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

/proc/sys/vm/bdflush is the place I have played with, I tried with
YaST2, set hdparm -S...

All to more or less radical values. But still I hear every 5 seconds a
*clack clack* of the HD. So I suppose, that some process - wouldn't be
surprised if one of the *Kludge Desktop Environment (KDE)* does some
HD twiddling.

How do I find out? Fuser didn't help much, in the ps aux or top output
basically everything is suspicious... ;-)

Is there any more inteligent solution than to incrementally shut
everything down and looking when disk access stops?

--
best regards,

     Dipl.-Inf. Richard Jelinek

     - PetaMem s.r.o. - Ocelarska 1 - Prague - www.petamem.com -
		       -= 2026049 Mind Units =-

Legal/Rechtliches:

error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this
e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the
material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie