[ltp] Lower screen resolution possible?

Tod Harter tharter at rhombus.net
Wed Apr 2 14:17:05 CEST 2003

I'm pretty sure you're correct Vivek, thats why if you want to do video out on
the A20p I have you have to put X into 800x600 (or theoretically I guess
756x468) mode, even the SVideo out is really just the same data that goes to
the CRT, but encoded differently. There is only one video subsystem, thus
only one set of data, it can go to the LCD, a CRT, or in some systems to
video out. You would have to have a whole other video chipset in order to
have 2 different resolutions at once. Even dual-head cards like the radeon
8500 aren't THAT sophisticated.

Mandrake 9.1 seems to have XF86 4.3 as the default X server, so that might be
a good solution for people. I know nothing about xrendr though, its not
something anyone has played with much yet I'm guessing!

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain