[ltp] atitvout on T30

Vivek vivek at etla.org
Wed Apr 2 17:35:03 CEST 2003

On 2 Apr 2003, Greg Macek wrote:

> It's an ATI Radeon 7500 Mobility AGP card. I'm running XFree 4.2 under
> SuSE 7.3. So basically I just need a video mode for anything under
> 800x600 (probably only 640x480) then run this utility to output to my

Yes, although you may need a patch anyway, if the radeon BIOS/driver
combo is buggy in a way similar to the r128 BIOS/driver.

[ The effect of the bug is that the drivers read your modeline,
  validate it, and then silently throw away all your numbers and
  use modeline data from the BIOS instead. [ It may even reject
  the BIOS modeline as well, which can get very confusing. ] ]

> TV? I'm at work right now, so I can't try this until I'm at home near my
> TV :)

Good luck. You'll need the special not-quite-svideo cable that came
with your thinkpad.