[ltp] RedHat 9 running on an IBM Thinkpad X23

Steve Barr steve.barr at pobox.com
Thu Apr 3 03:11:47 CEST 2003

covault at hippolyta.phys.cwru.edu wrote:
> This says pretty much what I said. If you are running RH 8.0 right now
> I doubt that you would have a good reason to rush to install RH 9.

RH8 will end of life at the end of this year:
https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/errata/

Might as well get started on RH9 so you don't
have a pile of patches to install later this
year.

A technical review of the RH8 -> RH9 differences:
http://www.gurulabs.com/RedHatLinux9-review.html

I installed RH9 on two machines -- desktop
seemed a little snappier than RH8, but that
may have just been wishful clicking. :-)

Steve
--
http://www.stevebarr.com
This message contains 100% my opinions.