[ltp] RedHat 9 running on an IBM Thinkpad X23

Atul Chitnis achitnis at exocore.com
Thu Apr 3 05:15:48 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Steve Barr wrote:

> I installed RH9 on two machines -- desktop
> seemed a little snappier than RH8, but that
> may have just been wishful clicking. :-)

;-) Nope.

Major technical changes under the hood. If you use 830/845 chipset based
motherboards, you are going to see a quantumn jump in performance (this
was also "feelable" in the Phoebe betas). Also the whole setup is far more
responsive - easily tested if you run xmms and rapidly switch apps and
desktops - no skips.