[ltp] RedHat 9 running on an IBM Thinkpad X23

Pekka Pessi Pekka.Pessi at nokia.com
Thu Apr 3 10:31:40 CEST 2003

"covault at hippolyta.phys.cwru.edu" <covault at hippolyta.phys.cwru.edu> writes:
>Really this release is just Redhat 8.1 -- changing the version number
>to from 8.0 to 9 was a bit misleading I think.

	The glibc version was upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3. Upgrading glibc
	may affect quite many packages, so it warrants the major version
	change - whenever either the GCC or glibc has a significant
	change, Redhat has changed the major version number (at least
	from 6.2 -> 7, 7.3 -> 8, earlier I was a FreeBSD user).

						Pekka