[ltp] getting RH 9

john.p.richardson at att.net john.p.richardson at att.net
Thu Apr 3 21:12:17 CEST 2003

FWIW - found out you can get into the RH ftp server via web browser at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/beta/phoebe/en/iso/i386 .  ISO's are right
there.

I discovered this quite by accident.  I'm a "paid" RHN member but was having
similar problems getting the ISOs.  Poking around to see if anyone had posted
the things on the sly, I stumbled upon the fact that you can surf right into the
ftp site without any user/pass challenges.  This was on Tuesday, well before
their supposed release to the rest of the world.

Hope it helps,
Paul