[ltp] getting RH 9

Timothy C Prince tprince at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 3 21:47:19 CEST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: covault at hippolyta.phys.cwru.edu
To: linux-thinkpad at linux-thinkpad.org
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:27:16 -0500
Subject: Re: [ltp] getting RH 9

 > Sometimes though I would get a stream that came over
 > at a steady 30 or 40 Mb/s for hours.

Er, that should be 30 or 40 kB/s.  Obviously.  Unfortunately.
SBC advertises their 14-19kB/s on TV as "amazing speed."  Their dial-up (maybe the comparison bar) was < 1kB/s until after they got the DSL working, so it may be that they supply only what they think is minimum necessary to keep a customer.  When I run the test on ZDNet, they advise me to switch to SBC.  I wasn't going to be jealous of your performance at first.
Tim Prince