[ltp] Mdk 9.1 on T20 2647-RP2 with Savage IV 8meg video problems

Steven Adeff jewcanoe at tolton.com
Sun Apr 6 18:46:47 CEST 2003

on my T20 2647-RP2 with a Savage IV 8meg...
note: none of these problems occured in my previous(and non-cooker updated)
9.0 install. this makes me think there is a BIG difference between xf4.2.1
and xf4.3.0 in the savage driver.

when going to 640x480 mode using resolution switching(non xrandr) the screen
begins to look like scrambled cable kinda, switching back to 800x600 or
1024x768 mode works fine(this is with bios resolution stretching OFF).

when closing the screen and then opening it again the display goes to 640x480
mode and the display looks like it is in some sort of inverse color EGA
mode(i.e. really ugly).

anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Here's my device section:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "device1"
    VendorName "S3 Inc."
    BoardName "S3 Savage (generic)"
    Driver "savage"
    VideoRam 8192
    Option "DPMS" "on"
    #Option "xaa_benchmark"

    Option "HWCursor" "on"
    Option "ShadowStatus" "on"
    Option "ForceInit"
    Option "UseBIOS" "on"
EndSection

I also noticed that acpi=off is in my lilo, should this be on or off on a T20?

thanks!!

--

Steven Adeff