[ltp] Re: TP 600e - High Pitch Noise, and other problems

Albert Dengg a_d at gmx.at
Sat Apr 5 11:21:12 CEST 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 04:56:04 -0800
"Brandon Philips" <brandon at uncompiled.com> wrote:

> 	*The Harddrive spins up and down without reason (I am running
> 	NoFlushd w/
> 15min)

well, I don't know about your other problems, but if you are running the
standard kernel, you are most probably running apm, while windows runs
acpi normally. When running apm, the bios handles power managment
(although you can do some things by hand, like spinning down
explicitly)...so, could it be that you activated some function in the
bios to do that?

I hope it helps...

mfg Albert