[ltp] Mandrake 9.1/Redhat 9.0

Tod Harter tharter at rhombus.net
Mon Apr 7 23:43:37 CEST 2003

I guess its 'mini-preemption' then. To be honest I haven't closely followed
the various branches that real time stuff has taken lately in the kernel, its
getting a bit too complex to follow...

I guess what I was saying is that RH has SOME sort of preemption, which is
mainly aimed at improving multi-media and GUI responsiveness. I guess
Mandrake slipped that into the 9.1 patch set as well, I didn't notice. I will
say this much, in 9.1 on my desktop box XMMS has major problems with dropouts
if you do anything at all in KDE, so whatever that patch is doing, its not
completely effective (or else there are some crappy video/audio drivers
around, which wouldn't surprise me in the least).

On Monday 07 April 2003 02:44 pm, Buchan Milne wrote:

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain