[ltp] Kernel 2.6

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at innominate.com
Tue Apr 8 15:47:21 CEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:03:09 -0400, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> While everyone is on the subject of the kernel I appreciate it if
> someone would expound what features the next stable kernel will bring
> to my A30P Thinkpad.
>
> One can reference http://www.kernel.org/ for the latest updates which
> indicates that the latest development kernel is 2.5.67-bk1 but as far
> as i can ascertain there is no simple describe of additional
> features.
>
> I believe that the next Kernel 2.6.x is due out some tine in the next
> 6 months or so but I have been completely unable to ascertain what
> additional features are in it.

Just download the source and try it out. New IPsec implementation, new
filesystems, journaling aware VFS, CPU frequency scaling, better ACPI
support and other features you can already have with a 2.4 kernel and
the according patches.

Regards,
Tino

tino.keitel at innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG
software engineer                                   networking people
tel: +49.30.6392-3308                      http://www.innominate.com/