[ltp] HELP: wireless wlan-ng setup problem with T30 on Mandrake 9.0

Juan Pablo Martinez Sanchez is04796 at salleURL.edu
Wed Apr 9 12:09:48 CEST 2003

Hello, I am also configuring a pcmcia wireless card on my thinkpad 600x. I
have an error but i think I know why. The card is a Belkin F5D6020 ver.2.
The operating system i'm using is LFS (kernel 2.4.18).

The first thing i made was to find the client driver that supports the
card: pcmcia-cs. Then i rcompiled the kernel without PCMCIA SUPPORT and
compiled and installed pcmcia-cs modules (one of the modules gives pcmcia
support).

The next thing i made was to obtain the manfid of the card by: 'cardctl
ident' or 'dump_cis, and in /etc/pcmcia/config to set an entry like this:

      card "Belkin"
         #version "", ""
         manfid 0x1234, 0x1234
         bind "orinoco_cs"

And then restart pcmcia driver by '/etc/pcmcia/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia reload

The cardmgr is correctly loaded and also the orinoco_cs client driver is
loaded, but this driver is not capable to initialize the card.

I have concluded that the card i am using is F5D6020 ver.2 and not
F5D6020. The ver.2 uses another chipset not prism2 and then the orinoco_cs
client driver is not useful in my case. I have to look for another client
driver or change my card by another...(i think it will be faster the
second option).

Bye All.