[ltp] HELP: wireless wlan-ng setup problem with T30 on Mandrake 9.0

David Grindrod dkgrindrod at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 23:54:30 CEST 2003

This card will not work with the orinoco driver. It has a different chip
inside. It took me a long time until I found someplace on the net a
reference to the  atmelwlandriver. I have lost this link. Anyway I
downloaded this and installed it and it worked  straight away. Try
searching for this driver. It does work with this card. My config is
given below after installing the driver with the specified instructions.

Good luck.

David

 more /etc/pcmcia/atmel.conf
device "pcmf502"
  class "network" module "pcmf502"

device "pcmf502r"
  class "network" module "pcmf502r"

device "pcmf502r3"
  class "network" module "pcmf502r3"

device "pcmf504"
  class "network" module "pcmf504"

device "pcmf502rd"
  class "network" module "pcmf502rd"

device "pcmf502re"
  class "network" module "pcmf502re"

card "ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless PCMCIA Card"
  version "ATMEL", "AT76C502"
  bind "pcmf502"

card "ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless RFMD PCMCIA Card"
  version "ATMEL", "AT76C502AR"
  bind "pcmf502r"

card "ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless 504 PCMCIA Card"
  version "ATMEL", "AT76C504"
  bind "pcmf504"

card "ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless RFMD Revision D PCMCIA Card"
  version "ATMEL", "AT76C502AR_D"
  bind "pcmf502rd"

card "ATMEL 11 Mbps Wireless RFMD Revision E PCMCIA Card"
  version "ATMEL", "AT76C502AR_E"
  bind "pcmf502re"

card "3Com 3CRWE62092B 11Mbps WLAN PC Card"
  manfid 0x0101, 0x0696
  bind "pcmf502r3"

card "3Com 3CRWE62092B 11Mbps WLAN PC Card"
  manfid 0x0101, 0x0620
  bind "pcmf502r3"