[ltp] Q -- recommendation on digital camera?

Ken Firestone kenf at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 12 21:13:54 CEST 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Mitchell Gil Maltenfort wrote:

   I'm thinking of buying a digital camera.  I'm using a Thinkpad R32 with Debian Linux (default 2.4.20 kernel).  Can anyone on this list advise me from experience with regards to which cameras worked well and what tweaks, modules, etc. were necessary?  Thanks in advance.

I bought a Olympus camera about a year ago, the model is no longer
made, but I think their 2.0 megapixel unit is pretty much the
same. When I bought it, my wife immediately hooked it to her windoze
machine, and could not do anything with it.

I plugged it into the usb port of my TP240, did a bit of looking at
the usb info, and mounted the camera to a directory. I was able to
copy pictures from the camera to the HD, no problem.

You can also get usb media readers for $15-20 for any media used by a
camera. These also mount to the usb port, and save batterys in the
camera as well.

Ken Firestone, W3CAT     | For every problem there is one solution
kenf at speakeasy.net	 |  which is simple, neat, and wrong.
ken at firestone.net        |   -- H. L. Mencken