[ltp] Q -- recommendation on digital camera?

Herbert Szumovski hszumovs at gmx.at
Sun Apr 13 00:08:54 CEST 2003

At 21:26 12.04.2003, you wrote:
>On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:02:45 -0400
>Mitchell Gil Maltenfort <mmalten at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of buying a digital camera.  I'm using a Thinkpad R32 with
>> Debian Linux (default 2.4.20 kernel).  Can anyone on this list advise me
>> from experience with regards to which cameras worked well and what
>> tweaks, modules, etc. were necessary?  Thanks in advance.

Hmmm,
one of the best currently is Canon EOS-1Ds.  It has 11 Megapixel, costs
7,999 USD (only the body, no lenses) and has a rating of 4.64 out of
possible 5.00 based on independent user review at "dpreview.com".

  No, seriously, any camera with USB or firewire or compactflash will do
it somehow with Linux; If you want to have the best possible decision help, look
at http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp and look at your favorites, or
use their buying guide.  That's the best digicam website you can think of.

/Herbert