[ltp] t30 clock resetting on suspend

Ben Pfaff blp at cs.stanford.edu
Sun Apr 13 19:09:55 CEST 2003

Nelson Hogg <nhogg at whoi.edu> writes:

> This is a frustration: when I suspend the t30 running Mdk 9.1
> and kde 3.1 the clock on the kde panel resets 4hr back (I am in
> EDT). This does not happen with Gnome. /sbin/clock gives the
> correct time regardless of what kde says the time is. Seems to
> be a kde issue - have any of you solved it? thanks, Nelson Hogg

If the problem is that the hardware clock and the system clock
become unsynchronized, then you could fix this by putting
        /sbin/hwclock --hctosys
in a script that runs when the system comes out of suspend.  (If
your system has hwclock installed as "clock", then you'd want
/sbin/clock instead, of course.)
--
"Ho ho ho. I _so_ enjoy making a fool out of myself."
--Linus, on Christmas Day, 2000