[ltp] A30 suspend/hibernate

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at innominate.com
Mon Apr 14 10:03:23 CEST 2003

On Sat, Apr 12, 2003 at 12:49:45 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 06:08:35PM -0400, Bjorn Knutsson wrote:
> > On 10 Apr 2003 10:33, Brian Beattie wrote:
> > > I'm having trouble with my A30.  When I first installed debian on
> > > it, it suspended and restored fine when I closed the lid.  Then I
> > > added a hiberdation file and played with the BOIS settings.  Now
> > > it does not unsuspend, the display comes back, but nothing else
> > > as far as I cane tell.
> >
> > I had the exact same problem, turned out the machine froze when the
> > hwclock program tried to read the hardware clock to set the time.
>
> I have the same problem with my T23.  hwclock works normally before
> the first suspend, but tends to freeze the machine after it.  I have
> commented out the calls to hwclock in /etc/apm/event.d/00hwclock.
> The system clock is correct after a resume, so commenting out hwclock
> does not hurt.

AFAIK the call to /etc/apm/event.d/00hwclock is only a workaround for
notebooks with a broken clock that does wired things after a resume
from hibernation.

Regards,
Tino

tino.keitel at innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG
software engineer                                   networking people
tel: +49.30.6392-3308                      http://www.innominate.com/