[ltp] Vector Linux 3.2 -Reply

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 14 16:19:28 CEST 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 07:50:09 -0700
Jeff Pummill <JPummill at supind.com> wrote:

> One problem that I haven't had time to resolve yet is the mwavem issue.
> While it compiled and installed fine on RedHat 8.0, it doesn't play well
> with either 2.4.20 or the "special" 2.4.20-pent-ide default kernel that
> comes with Vector 3.2.

Just as a point of reference - the mwave DOES work under Red Hat *9*,
which is based on kernel 2.4.20.  It's probably not stock 2.4.20, but you
might be able to install/build Red Hat's kernel source to get the mwave up
and running...

uname -a on this machine (which is sending over its mwave modem):

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.20-9 #1 Wed Apr 2 13:42:50 EST 2003 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!