[ltp] Re: Canon PowerShot G2 with T-20

Keith T. Garner kgarner at kgarner.com
Mon Apr 14 18:33:10 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:59:08, ravi channavajhala said:
> I like to join the chorus.  I have a Canon powershot
> G2 and IBM thinkpad T-20 running RH-Linux 8.0, USB
> 1.0.  Does anyone have a detailed procedure to make
> this work with the above mentioned combination?
>
> I cant seem to read the images on the CF card, no
> matter what I tried.  Sorry for a lame me too!!! :-)

I've used the G1 (a friends) with my T-20 and my T-22.  Well, in
either case, I used a PCMCIA CompactFlash adaptor for it.  It worked
perfectly.

I just stuck it in, then mounted the device.  It showed up as
/dev/hde.  Check your logs/dmesg to confirm.

The file system on it is vfat.  It should be pretty straight forward.

gPhoto2 appears to work with the entire Powershot G series.  So you
may want to try that as well.

I'll be getting a G3 within the next week and I'll report back my
successes.

Keith

--
   Keith T. Garner                                        kgarner at kgarner.com
   The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so