[ltp] A30p sound & suspend

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at web.de
Mon Apr 14 22:43:45 CEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 22:05:13 +0200, Matthias Posseldt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to fix the last problem I have with my A30p (modem, PCMCIA, ... is
> working).
>
> Every time I suspend my laptop (close the lid) and reenable it (works
> wonderfully, I almost never reboot) the sound device gets disabled. Not the
> whole sound card but the PCM and the master channel. I can only reenable them
> if I change *both* channels, e.g. with disable+enable channel (amix) or
> lowering and increasing volume with alsamixer.
>
> I tried apmd's resume scripts but that's didn't help. Any ideas?

I have this script in my /etc/apmd/resume.d directory:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 1
TERM=vt100
/etc/init.d/aumix stop
aumix -v70 -w70
aumix -v60 -w60
aumix -v70 -w70
/etc/init.d/aumix start

I don't know if this is a minimalistic version, but it works. It just
saves the mixer settings, set them to another value, and restores the
mixer settings. If I play some music, go to suspen and resume, the
music will continue to play.

Regards,
Tino