[ltp] Mustek 1200CU Scanner

Richard Neill rn214 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 23:32:22 CEST 2003

This is "a feature, not a bug"  - removable (ie usb) devices get an icon
   on the desktop automatically on plugin. Mandrake are very proud of this!

Mandrake say:
"The Mandrake Linux desktops are dynamic. This means, for instance, that
when a new software package is installed or removed, the corresponding
icon appears or disappears instantaneously in the application menu. This
same "dynamic" feature also applies to hardware devices: Plug in a USB
scanner or WebCam and a corresponding icon appears automatically on the
desktop."

Anyway, your best bet is probably to live with it, but otherwise, you
should be able to disable this somewhere.

Richard