[ltp] intermittent video problem (770 tp)

M. Leo Cooper thegrendel at theriver.com
Tue Apr 15 00:50:08 CEST 2003

I bought a used 770 tp last fall on Ebay. It's run without any problems
since then. However . . .

A couple of days ago, the display momentarily distorted, then corrected
itself. A few minutes later, the display blanked out totally. I went out
of X, back to the console (ctl-alt-backspace), but there was no video
there, either. I rebooted, and lo and behold, the video came back at
the startup screen.

Since then, I've used the machine for hours at a time, and the video is
normal. I guess this means the back-light didn't burn out, but maybe the
"inverter" is getting ready to go.

Anyone have any idea of what's going on here?

Thanks.