[ltp] Re: mounting CF card

Pekka Pessi Pekka.Pessi at nokia.com
Tue Apr 15 16:59:16 CEST 2003

Will McDonald <will at upl.cs.wisc.edu> writes:
>Since we're solving everyone's problems, I'll throw out mine: has anyone
>been able to mount a CF card using a CF->PCMCIA adapter?

	What kind of CF card you have? Linux kernel is quite fussy about
	correct voltages and all that jazz, so, for instance, it is not
	possible to use the 1G IBM microdrive with the provided
	CF->PCMCIA adapter. However, I don't know if that is a problem
	specific Thinkpad model I have (X24).

>All the examples I've seen show it getting mounted as hdc, which is my
>DVD drive (on my A21m). I haven't looked at it in a while, so I don't
>know exactly what I've tried, but it'd be nice to find out that someone
>else does it.

	Redhat 8.0 mounts the CF cards without a hitch.

					Pekka