[ltp] r40 fan

Richard Neill rn214 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 15 19:50:15 CEST 2003

Speaking of which - is there any way to set the CPU speed such that when
it gets too hot, it throttles back, rather than starting the fan?
Could this, in fact be done by a usermode (or kernel) program, or is it
only the bios which can control this?

My A22p has got significantly worse since the latest bios update which
"improves fan control" - it seems that the fan now comes on at the
slightest provocation!

Richard