[ltp] Update -- only read CompactFlash Reader during boot!

Mitchell Gil Maltenfort mmalten at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 03:55:45 CEST 2003

This is a follow-up to my prior plea for help.

I discovered by accident that my laptop would not boot, or go into any other mode (BIOS, select boot device) if I turned it on and left the compact flash reader plugged in.

I pulled it out and confirmed empirically during boot that it DOES get recognized and IS properly identified if plugged in during boot.  If I unplug it and plug it back in, no ID.  If I reboot then plug it in after, again no identification.

So all _might_ seem well and good -- but even when it's recognized, I still have no idea where to access it in the directory tree!

Any advice?  Should I rip out hotplug?  Should I rip out my hair?

Thanks in advance.