[ltp] OK, flummoxed with Canon A70, hotplug, R32, Debian

ravi channavajhala rkc0818 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 16 05:12:13 CEST 2003

I was in the same boat as you were until 2 hours ago.
I can't get the gphoto to see my Canon powershot G2.
Walked into a Best Buy, forked out 12.99 for a SanDisk
PCMCIA Card adapter for CF.

Came home, plugged in the card adapter along with the
CF and lo behold all my problems just disappeared.
The CF reader appeared as /dev/hde

Apr 15 22:27:23 lambodara cardmgr[543]: executing:
'modprobe ide-cs'
Apr 15 22:27:25 lambodara kernel: hde: SanDisk
SDCFB-32, ATA DISK drive

[root at lambodara root]# sfdisk -l /dev/hde

Disk /dev/hde: 490 cylinders, 4 heads, 32
sectors/track
Units = cylinders of 65536 bytes, blocks of 1024
bytes, counting from 0

   Device Boot Start     End   #cyls    #blocks   Id
System
/dev/hde1   *      0+    488     489-     31280    4
FAT16 <32M
/dev/hde2          0       -       0          0    0
Empty
/dev/hde3          0       -       0          0    0
Empty
/dev/hde4          0       -       0          0    0
Empty

one more step

[root at lambodara root]# mount -t vfat /dev/hde1
/mnt/flash

Now I'm gimping away with the images.  I'd enough of
putzing around with USB readers.

regards,
-ravi

--- Mitchell Gil Maltenfort <mmalten at comcast.net>