[ltp] SIMPLE QUESTIONS

J. C. Masias Guillen mgdesarrollo at uni.edu.pe
Wed Apr 16 05:08:33 CEST 2003

I think most of the problems we have about install linux in tp's because
of licenses are important but what about:

- speed: if you install linux, but is slow.
- the computer: if you install linux, but you can't use the Fn funtions.

I have a 600E, p2, 366mhz, 64mb, 6.4gb.

SPEED
- At least, How much extra memory I will buy to increase speed as in
windows 98?
- Can I erase the swap partition?

FN FUNCTIONS
- If I only install in one partition Linux (I really dont want w98), The
FN functions will work? or I must have a DOS partition?
- The hibernation will work whitout a DOS partition?