[ltp] OK, flummoxed with Canon A70, hotplug, R32, Debian

Mitchell Gil Maltenfort mmalten at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 05:32:07 CEST 2003

> PCMCIA Card adapter for CF.
>
> Came home, plugged in the card adapter along with the
> CF and lo behold all my problems just disappeared.
> The CF reader appeared as /dev/hde

> Apr 15 22:27:23 lambodara cardmgr[543]: executing:
> 'modprobe ide-cs'
> Apr 15 22:27:25 lambodara kernel: hde: SanDisk
> SDCFB-32, ATA DISK drive

May give that a whack.  I was planning to try SanDisk anyway, since they are regularly cited as being Linux-friendly; the Lexar was what the camera store had.

I tried doing a modprobe ide-cs right now, but it choked --no system drivers loaded. I'm guessing that's because I had no PCMCIA items actually installed?