[ltp] r40 fan

Tino Keitel tino.keitel at innominate.com
Wed Apr 16 12:06:17 CEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 01:11:27 +0200, Gregor R. Goldmann wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Tino Keitel wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 18:41:00 +0200, Gregor R. Goldmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am buying an R series Thinkpad for a friend. She is very noise
> > > sensitive and wants a silent notebook. I just held a R32 with P4 2GHz
> > > in a hand and noticed that the cpu fan is rotating all the time.
> > >
> > > The centrino 1.3 GHz from the R40 model should produce less heat. Can
> > > somebody report his/her experience with the R40 fan?
> >
> > There is no R40 with a Centrino processor. AFAIK only the T40 is
> > currently available with a Centrino processor.
> There are, see www.nofost.de (NOtebooks FOr STudents), which offers
> several TP configurations to students and university staff in Germany.
>
> The R40 with Mobile Pentium M (which is a part of centrino
> technology, afaik) and 6,2 hours battery life:
> http://www.nofost.de/shop/shopfiles/product.asp?TID=142ZRQQ92B6W&OLDTID=E5TK60I15B0W&PS=1&PID=10243
>
> Gregor

Oh, nice. All I can say is that the PIII 1,0 in my A30 does run only
sometimes for a few seconds even while I rip a DVD (100% CPU load),
whereas a ThinkPad with a P4 processor runs the fan much more often,
but fortunately ThinkPads today have very silent fans compared to other
brands (this is _my_ experience).

Regards,
Tino

tino.keitel at innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG
software engineer                                   networking people
tel: +49.30.6392-3308                      http://www.innominate.com/