[ltp] SIMPLE QUESTIONS -Reply

Chris Hoekstra chris_hoekstra at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:41:57 CEST 2003

Ahh, this is great stuff!
I downloaded the cdrom .iso image and first tried it on my main desktop
machine and it worked great.  Just out of pure interest, here is some
comparison numbers:
AMD 1600, 512Mb DDR266 (PC2100) memory
L1 Cache: 128k 8551 Mb/sec
L2 Cache: 256k 2838 Mb/sec
Memory: 512Mb 625 Mb/sec

Then I tried to boot the cd on my laptop DVD drive (which DOES support
bootable cd's, but there are some that don't work for some reason) and
it just gave me a black screen with repeating 8000's on each line.  No
biggie, the floppy version worked just dandy.  Here are the specs for my
Thinkpad 770z:
Intel PII-366  1 at 64Mb IBM, 2 at 128Mb Viking PC100
L1 Cache:   32k 3567 Mb/sec
L2 Cache: 256k 935 Mb/sec
Memory: 319Mb 175 Mb/sec

Tests are running now to find out if there are errors in the memory.

Thanks again for recommending a solution.  This should help out.

Chris