[ltp] slmdm and t30?

Atul Chitnis achitnis at exocore.com
Wed Apr 16 20:05:58 CEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Nelson Hogg wrote:

> The latest winmodem release, slmdm (2.17.14, I think), almost works for
> me. I get dial tone and dialing and the kppp log says it is dialing the
> number I want. However, it goes to an automatic telephone co. answering
> device that tells me I haven't dialed the required number of digits.
> Anyone else have this problem and solve it? Thanks, Nelson Hogg

I use the driver from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/packages/smartlink/

The latest version there is 2.7.9, and it works perfectly for me. In fact,
am dialled in using that right now because my ^%$%#@@@ cable Internet
service is dead..

I usually install the rpms (rpmbuild -ta slmdm-2.7.9.tar.gz, then install
the slmdm and slmdm-amr packages from /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386).

To use it, modprobe slamrmo and use /dev/modem (which typically points at
/dev/ttySL0).

wvdial and kppp have had no problem using it. I did have to set an init
string of ATX1 since the modem doesnt recognise the dial and busy tones
here in india.

I use a T30 (2366-92A) and RHL 9.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis at exocore.com