[ltp] SIMPLE QUESTIONS -Reply

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 16 21:09:28 CEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:43:23 -0500
Chris Hoekstra <chris_hoekstra at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone else had any problem with generic laptop memory?  I have a
> 770z (PII-366) that I added an additional 256Mb to the exisiting
> built-in 128.

> The memory is Viking 128Mb NON-ECC PC100 SO DIMM which is supposed to
> work just fine, but I am thinking it is a conflict with the IBM memory
> and the viking stuff.

> Anyone else have any problem adding in non-ibm memory?

I've noticed that the 770X/Z are particualrly fussy about memory.  I have
a 128M DIMM, for example, that tests fine and works fine in my Thinkpad
600, but won't even so much as get recognized in my 770X or Z.

I've had good luck with memory from 18004memory.com and crucial.com in my
Thinkpads, though.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!