[ltp] R32 Modem

Matthias Posseldt matthi at gmx.li
Wed Apr 16 21:40:53 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 20:31, Greg Herlein wrote:
> I see a lot of traffic about the linmodem support for other
> (older) ThinkPads.  Can someone tell me if there is support for
> the built-in modem in the newer R32?

Yes, there is: The Smartlink slmdm driver. See the list archives for more
information. There is a thread called "slmdm and t30" today which relates to
the exact topic (on a different Thinkpad).

> Here is the related output of lspci -vv:
>
> 00:1f.6 Modem: Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 Modem (rev
> 02) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
[...]
> If no driver exists, oh well - but if there is one I'd happily
> rather use that than my older 33.6 PCMCIA modem card... not that
> I use the modem much, but occasionally it's needed.

On my A30p it works. Installation is easy (devfsd configuration [gentoo] is a
bit tricky though).

Ciao, Matthias
--
"If liberty means anything at all,