[ltp] Cisco airoco Mini PCI wireless on T30 setup on Redhat 8.0

Thomas Hood jdthood2 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 14:48:31 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-19 at 14:01, Peter Johanson wrote:
> The mpi350 isn't yet supported by the airo drivers unfortunately. Ben is
> working in it though, and apparently has something kinda working. You
> can get drivers directly from cisco that work however. Go to
> http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/aironet-utils-linux
> and download the Linux-ACU-Driver-v2.0.tar.gz
> unpack that and follow the directions. I think the kpci.sh or somehting
> like that script is the one to use to install the mpi350 driver.

Do you know whether or not this driver has the kfree_skb() bug?

If you don't know about this bug, it is a fault in the 2.4.19 airo
driver that causes the kernel to oops after some amount of time
(hours or days) with the following sort of message:

Apr 17 16:46:27 thanatos kernel: Warning: kfree_skb passed an skb still
on a list (from d89c23ba).
Apr 17 16:46:27 thanatos kernel: kernel BUG at skbuff.c:315!
Apr 17 16:46:27 thanatos kernel: EIP:    0010:[__kfree_skb+27/300]

> You then need to use their "acu" utility to configure the card.

The wireless tools (package "wireless-tools" in Debian) can be used
instead of acu.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood2 at yahoo.co.uk>