[ltp] 600E-2645-4AU and serial port problems

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Mon Apr 21 04:10:33 CEST 2003

OK, I've pulled the pnpbios stuff out of -ac3 and made a pnpbios-only patch to apply to my nice clean debian 2.4.18 kernel.

Along the way I found this gem in i386/kernel/traps.c:

     extern u32 pnp_bios_fault_eip, pnp_bios_fault_esp;
     extern u32 pnp_bios_is_utter_crap;
     pnp_bios_is_utter_crap = 1;

gcc -O2 almost certainly optimises this out. But damn that wins "Code Comment of the Week", even if it wasn't strictly inside /*  */'s.

- -ken
- ------