[ltp] Intel i830 3d accelerated drivers

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann mmh at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 01:34:17 CEST 2003

Am Dienstag, 22. April 2003 18:49 schrieb Tim Sutton:
> Hi all
>
> Just wondering if anyone has managed to get the intel drivers for the i830
> chip in TP R31 to build successfully
> (http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/linux/graphics.htm)? I am
> running Mandrake 9.1. and the compilation fails (see below for full log).
> It would b really nice to be able to play tuxracer on my laptop :-) Any
> suggests / hints / build notes would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Debian with inoffical debs for Xfree86-4.3. If I replace the kernel
drm modules by the ones included with that release, I get nice and working 3D
acceleration, good enough to play quake3 at 640x480. I have a TP R31 MEG.

Check out http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/ for the kernel module sources.

I think i830 support had it's first semi-stable release in X-4.3, even though
it still crashes if I switch to text consoles...

Ciao,

Moritz Moeller-Herrmann