[ltp] PCMCIA/CardBus not working on T30

Lewis Adam-CAL022 Adam.Lewis at motorola.com
Thu Apr 24 01:25:00 CEST 2003

Sorry for the double post, but I thought my original could use some more
info.

Specifically, the cardmgr fails to recognize insertions and removals of
cards.  (again, unless eth0 is up).  I am running RedHat 7.3 with a 2.4.18
kernel.  I am using the pcmcia and cardbus services provided in the kernel.

One exception to the above is if I have the card inserted at boot time, then
it is recognized.  Also, it detects it when I shutdown.

It seems that the cardmgr is not registering for its interrupt, and needs
another driver sharing the same interrupt on the bus (e.g. eth0) to register
there.

Hope that makes it a little cleaner.