[ltp] Sound on a 770X with Mandrake 9.1

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 24 03:33:08 CEST 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:39:15 +0000
"David .." <torontodss at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I will admit I haven't spent alot of time looking at the archives.

> Has anyone been able to get the sound to work on the TP 770x with
> Mandrake 9.1??

I use Red Hat 9, but hey, it's all good. :)

Anyway, you can get sound working with the cs4232 kernel driver.  You
might need to add a few lines to your /etc/modules.conf, as autodetecting
the card will probably fail or tell you it's unsupported.

You'll probably have to put something like this in modules.conf:

options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
alias sound-slot-0  cs4232

If you're really having trouble, the 770X's sound card will also emulate a
Soundblaster (module "sb"), but you won't like it very much. :)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!