[ltp] Sound on a 770X with Mandrake 9.1

torontodss torontodss at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 14:51:34 CEST 2003

Problem is when I try and load up AuMix, nothing happens. I mean the app
doesn't start, looks like it's
loaded then it just closes without seeing any errors.
As for KMix, when I load it, it doesn't have any controls what so ever. Just
a blank window.

What alsa driver should I be using? Currently in my modules.conf I have the
following:

alias sound-slot-0 snd-cs4232
above snd-cs4232 snd-pcm-oss

Something wrong here? At the boot up it looks like cs4232 is loaded
correctly no errors.
If I do a lsmod I see nothing refering to cs4232.

Thanks
ps: I know the sound works, I have a dualboot on this machine and sound in
XP works correctly.