[ltp] How to wake-up T30

Atul Chitnis achitnis at exocore.com
Thu Apr 24 18:37:21 CEST 2003

On Thursday 24 Apr 2003 10:02 pm, Lewis Adam-CAL022 wrote:
> So I keep having this problem, that I step away for too long and my T30 has
> gone to sleep.  How do I wake it up?  I keep cold rebooting the machine
> each time, and of course Linux does not like that :-(

Two choices:

1. Suspend the machine - this sometimes brings it back when you unsuspend.

2. Keep the machine plugged into AC power - this problem doesnt seem to happen
in that situation.

Someone gave me a tip today on the RHL9 list that may also work:

When the machine blanks out, hit the Fn-F3 button a couple of times. This
kills the backlight and turns it back on again, and just *might* bring the
machine back to life. I haven't tried this yet (can't risk a discruption
right now), so if you try it, let me know please!

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis at exocore.com
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 344-0397