[ltp] Modem problem

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at ntelos.net
Fri Apr 25 06:51:46 CEST 2003

I have a TP770 with the factory 33.6K pcmcia modem running Debian.

I can't get the modem to dial out with "pon" only if I run ifconfig, then
ping the P-t-P addr. under ppp0. Then the modem will dial out and connect.

However I can then ping ip addr. but not URL's. When I ping a ip addr. I get
100% packet loss.

LYNX can't seem to find any URL's

But others have said they can see me pinging a ip addr. and the ip addr. is
responding but they aren't making it back to my system?

Any ideas?

Been fighting with this for 3 days now...

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT
Personal Web Page: www.qsl.net/k8jwt
Mon.Co.ARES Web Page:  www.qsl.net/k8jwt/mcares