[ltp] I need suggest

Richard Neill rn214 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sat Apr 26 03:32:30 CEST 2003

If you have a CDROM, you might try either:

1)Knoppix
	http://www.knoppix.net
2)The linux bootable business card
	http://www.lnx-bbc.org/

These are both live CDs, i.e. run without installation. Knoppix is
full-featured; lnx-bbc is small. It will give you a feel for what will
work before you actually start doing things.

Note that programs will run rather more slowly from CD than they will
once you go ahead and install on the hard disc. So don't panic about
sluggish performance.

I agree about the extra RAM - it will make a big difference.

Lastly, you mention:
	> Cisco Pratice test that run on just Windows

I'm guessing that this is a relatively simple program, with low resource
requirements, and no need for direct hardware access (eg USB). If so,
you might have some luck running under WINE (winehq.com).
If so, you can save your HDD space and wipe out windows entirely.

Lastly, on a HDD that small, you probably need every last MB of space.
So, I'd advise (some people may disagree!) that you partition it as just
/  and swap. There are advantages to having at least /,/home,swap
but you may feel that with space at a premium, you want the flexibility
of having the space precisely where you need it.

Regards

Richard