[ltp] PCMCIA/CardBus not working on T30

Mike_Phillips at URSCorp.com Mike_Phillips at URSCorp.com
Sun Apr 27 01:26:56 CEST 2003

All,

Experimentation with this shows it to be a problem when the cardbus
subsystem lives on a different pci bridge. A quick lspci will tell you
where stuff lives. On my T30 I've got cardbus, ethernet and 802.11b on the
same pci bus (2.xx.xx). Waking up either ethernet or 802.11b will enable
the insertion events to register.

Also, doing a cardctl insert will always find the card too. And, the last
time I tested, using the external pcmcia-cs package rather than the kernel
pcmcia subsystem everything works as expected.

It would appear that the kernel pcmcia does not trigger something to
enable the card insertion interrupts to pass the pci bridge. I expect
there is some deep magic involved here where reading across a pci bridge
will bring it to life.

Mike