[ltp] DVD playback

TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com
Mon Apr 28 11:40:20 CEST 2003

Hi LTPers

Has anyone had success watching encrypted DVDs on a Thinkpad? I would love
some good advice.

At the moment Xine works but it awfully slow. Maybe this is because
libdvdcss isn't using raw access (it tries, opens the device, and then fails
when it tries to read it).

I think I've done everything it suggests in the faq:
DMA is on,
"raw -qa" gives "/dev/raw/raw1 block major 22 minor 0",
rdvd -> /dev/hdc

kernel is 2.4.20 with multimode enabled by default
distro is Slackware 9

many thanks,
TomSW

 "They put us through the pain of learning to walk and talk, and when
we manage that, they tell us to be quiet and sit still."
Eric Chevillard - Préhistoires