[ltp] Keyboard in ThinkPad R32

bperkins at netspace.org bperkins at netspace.org
Sun Apr 27 21:50:56 CEST 2003

Tomek  <linux-thinkpad at linux-thinkpad.org> writes:

> Hi, everybody, I have a serious problem with my laptop: an annoying
> behaviour of the keyboard.  I cannot write a text easily because of
> unexpected sticky or bounced keys. I have tried such programs like
> xkbset and ax already, but with no success. The effecive solution is
> to set xkbDisable option in XF86Config-4 to true, but then I cannot
> get my special Polish chars with AltGr.

> I have Debian woody with XFree 4.2.1 and Gnome 2.2.

Sorry for the late reply, I just came accorss this.

This probelem is due to a problem in the APM BIOS.  When you read
/proc/apm it appears as though the machine loses timer and keyboard
interrupts for a fraction of a second.  apmd causes some of this, but
the stupid batstat applet checks this _once_per_second_, and there's
no easy way to adjust it that I've found.

So turn off batstat and you'll be happier.

--
History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.  -- Mark Twain
Brian Perkins                bperkins at netspace.org